Prospero, A Division of GP Canada Co., is a leader in the design and development of custom learning solutions; specifically e-Learning and learning management projects. We offer our clients complete solutions to all their custom learning and performance improvement needs.
Prospero requires dynamic, motivated, results-oriented Business Development Managers for full time positions working out of Montreal, Toronto or Calgary.
Your principal role will be to source and develop new business through establishing and building sustainable, mutually beneficial relationships with prospects leading to long term, loyal partnerships. You will use a relationship management and consultative sales approach to selling custom learning solutions to large organizations and government departments in the U.S. and Canada.
You will be provided with leads as well as the necessary marketing, advertising, and management support to assist you in generating new opportunities, penetrating new accounts and closing new business.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Researching leads and companies
- Cold calling prospects and generating leads
- Arranging meetings and presenting to clients and prospects
- Writing proposals
- Establishing, building and maintaining client relationships
- Tracking contacts and prospects in Microsoft Dynamics Drafting and delivering sales presentations
Other tasks include:
- Networking at industry trade shows, events, and conferences
- Managing the GP Canada/Prospero exhibit at Trade Shows
- Assisting in determining marketing and sales strategy, including the preparation of marketing material
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience selling services to Executive Leadership and senior management of Fortune and Financial Post 1000 companies
- Excellent client focus and commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent, proven experience converting Cold Calls to new business
- Experience within the training and e-Learning industry
- A people-person with proven success in closing new business and establishing and maintaining long term relationships with clients
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to listen and understand prospect needs and propose custom, value-added solutions to address those needs
- Experience writing custom proposals and competitive quotes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Undergraduate degree a minimum with a graduate degree in a related field (Educational Technology, Education, Instructional Design, MBA) an asset
- Access to a car
As well as the skills and attributes listed above, the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS), e-Learning standards (AICC/SCORM), instructional design, and multi-media production
- Understanding or knowledge of instructional design, adult learning theory, performance improvement, SCORM, and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Familiarity and understanding of web development technologies and e-Learning development or authoring tools (Flash, HTML)
- Bilingual: excellent written and spoken French
- Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) or Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) designation
The successful candidate will be offered a compensation package that is both competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please, absolutely no phone calls or inquiries from agencies.